Monday 24 June 2013

The parts start rolling in..

So, not much has happened as we've experienced a lot of rain in the last week. However I've started getting hold of a few more parts and accessories. 

First off, I was advised to get a compressor and blow gun for drying my wire wheels. Having sold some old crapola on the bay of E I had some float to get something half decent. I ended up ordering 50 litre 2hp 116 PSI compressor from StanAir in Lancashire. I have no power in my lockup so its going to live in my parents garage. Turns out you can get a 50 litre compressor in the back of a Fiat 500!

How to load a 50 litre compressor in a Fiat 500.
Shortly thereafter I went to Machine Mart to find a decent hose and blow gun (sprayer). StanAir advise that the compressor is not used with an extension lead so I needed to get a long hose. In the end I got a 15 metre rubber hose and Clarke airgun  with a removable long nozzle. I also picked up various adaptors for easy removal of tools. Hopefully I'll get a chance to clean the wheels and try out the compressor for drying. All signers crossed for better weather this weekend!

At the garage the other week I was advised that the tin master brake cylinder was starting to leak, a known fault with the original tin reservoirs. I was advised to replace both the master break cylinder and master clutch cylinder (also tin) with plastic ones. Replacing both with plastic reservoir items seem like a good idea for consistency and knowing the clutch one could need start rusting at some point anyway. I also ordered a period  battery disconnect switch for easy maintenance and storage. I'll be getting the garage to fit all three items. The area around the master break cylinder will also need respraying where it has started to leak on the metal work.

Blow gun, rubber hose, new master break and clutch cylinders and period battery disconnect switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment